Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Digital Diaper Studio

The Diaper Room

The Digital Diaper studio in my basement. This most recent setup was a last minute shuffle due to network issues. I like it though, today I'll see if it all works. Sound reinforcement by: mattresses. The Mac G4 is running Ubercaster and Skype - output goes to a PC on the floor which powers the SHOUTcast server via Winamp direct input. The laptop has the Blog Talk Radio switchboard controls to take calls and play additional audio. All for FREE! (Though I had to buy skype credits which should last me about 6 months). BlogTalkRadio.com is limited for free membership: only a 30 minute show once per day and you can technically only do it over the phone, unless you want to pay for Skype, which I will do in order to have the little extras. I added the SHOUTcast simulcast myself - I have a few years of tinkering with internet radio under my belt to pull it off pretty quickly. During the non-show times I will broadcast the old Avant Guard music I loved so much including my old bands and some friends bands. If you have music (without licensing issues) that is your own or a friend who wants it played, send me an .mp3.
When the show is about to start the stream may go dead for a minute or so, but it will kick back in at 2:00 (2:30 today).

So there you have it!
Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment